We accept the following RINSED/CLEAN recyclables.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES & JARS: Crushed and sorted – clear, opaque and colored (we have large sorting bags at the recycle center)
- PLASTIC BOTTLE & JAR LIDS: Separated from the container.
- CLEAN PLASTIC BAGS: We accept all plastic bags except the black ones. No food or poop PLEASE!
- HARD PLASTIC: furniture and crates, etc.
- ALUMINUM and METAL CANS: Rinsed and crushed.
- CARDBOARD: Separate from all other paper. Flattened and tied in bundles if possible.
- MIXED PAPER, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINES: Tied in bundles or boxed.
- BATTERIES OF ALL KINDS
- SMALL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
- COMPUTER EQUIPMENT (NO MONITORS)
- MISCELLANEOUS ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- PRINTER CARTRIDGES: HP, Samsung, Xerox ONLY
- VEGETABLE OIL (used): in a closed/sealed plastic container
- EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE 6 (EPS 6): packing foam from electronics and appliances. (1)
Unfortunately we CANNOT accept:
- Glass or bottles of any kind. We continue to search for a recycler who will accept glass.
- Tetrapac containers (coated paper/plastic food and milk packaging)
- Styrofoam (take out food).
- We accept Recycle Expanded Polystyrene (EPS6), not to be confused with Styrofoam. EPS No. 6 is white foam commonly used to package TV’s, home appliances, computers, etc. It is composed of white beads compressed together. If you break up EPS No. 6, unlike Styrofoam, it becomes little round pieces/beads. Some of the foam will be marked with the recycle symbol with a 6 inside it.