Recycle Day is on the first Thursday of every month, from 9.00am – 11.00am when people bring their sorted and crushed items for recycling to our center at the East Cape Casas & RV Resort.
Please remember to make your donation, ($5 US/$100 pesos is suggested), to help us cover processing and transportation costs. The donation box is mounted on the wall.
Recycling Days for the 2018/19 season are as follows:
November 1, 2018
December 6, 2018
January 3, 2019
February 7, 2019
March 7, 2019
April 4, 2019
May 2, 2019
June 6, 2019
July 4, 2019
August 1, 2019
The Recycling Center is located at the East Cape Casas & RV Resort.
- The entrance is across from the Modelorama on Calle 20 de Noviembre.
- Go over the cattle grate and you will see the Recycling Center ahead on your left.
- To drop off, follow the driveway to the right, pass the office, then make a sharp left.
Please deposit your crushed and sorted items into the appropriate recycling container, marked for clear, opaque and all other plastic, aluminum and metal cans, and cardboard and clean paper.
Our program works on the generosity of volunteers and donations! On recycling day, we work together to crush and sort the collected recyclables before they are sent to the recycle processing centers in La Paz. We need more volunteers. One hour a month of your time is all that is needed. If you would like to help us on recycling day or for special events, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. We thank you in advance for your help.
We accept the following RINSED/CLEAN recyclables.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES & JARS: Crushed and sorted – clear, opaque and colored (we have large sorting bags at the recycle center)
- PLASTIC BOTTLE & JAR LIDS: Separated from the container.
- CLEAN PLASTIC BAGS: We accept all plastic bags except the black ones. No food or poop PLEASE!
- HARD PLASTIC: furniture and crates, etc.
- ALUMINUM and METAL CANS: Rinsed and crushed.
- CARDBOARD: Separate from all other paper. Flattened and tied in bundles if possible.
- MIXED PAPER, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINES: Tied in bundles or boxed.
- BATTERIES OF ALL KINDS
- SMALL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
- COMPUTER EQUIPMENT (NO MONITORS)
- MISCELLANEOUS ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- PRINTER CARTRIDGES: HP, Samsung, Xerox ONLY
- VEGETABLE OIL (used): in a closed/sealed plastic container
- EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE 6 (EPS 6): packing foam from electronics and appliances. (1)
Unfortunately we CANNOT accept:
- Glass or bottles of any kind. We continue to search for a recycler who will accept glass.
- Tetrapac containers (coated paper/plastic food and milk packaging)
- Styrofoam (take out food).
- We accept Recycle Expanded Polystyrene (EPS6), not to be confused with Styrofoam. EPS No. 6 is white foam commonly used to package TV’s, home appliances, computers, etc. It is composed of white beads compressed together. If you break up EPS No. 6, unlike Styrofoam, it becomes little round pieces/beads. Some of the foam will be marked with the recycle symbol with a 6 inside it.